Friday, August 12, 2011

BEDA day 12

Hello lovelies

Well my summer's just about over so in today's blog I wanted to recap some ups and downs of my summer.

UPS:
-Got to attend church camp as a counselor which was such an enlightening experience and I felt so refreshed after attending because it's been about 2 years since I've been there. Also met really awesome people who helped me become a better counselor and person in general.
- Discovered Doctor Who. I've heard about Doctor Who for the longest time, but didn't have time to watch the series so the month of May was my chance. OMG. I got hooked in season 2. Such good plot, and writing, and acting, I don't know how I haven't seen this before.
- Went on vacation with my cousins. I had more fun than I thought cause all my cousins on the trip were guys (6 to be exact plus my 2 brothers) but we all enjoyed each others company and had fun jumping waves in the ocean for hours and hours.
-Late night skype chats. These are always lovely when I'm bored at night and everyone is my house is asleep at 11. Thank you never ending skype chat for being awesome as always. :))

DOWNS:
- Couldn't find a job. I applied to 15 places that I hadn't applied to before, after the place I worked at last summer closed down. Stupid economy. So needless to say my bank account is much lower than normal -_-
- Hardly any of my friends from home were home. Most were off at their colleges doing summer programs, or studying abroad. I missed them, but I'm kinda of glad for them that they weren't stuck here with hardly anything to do this summer.


That's all I can think of right now. Summer 11 wasn't the greatest summer, but it had it's moments.

Listening to: Alexz Johnson (Skin)

<3 Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment