Monday, August 8, 2011

BEDA day 8

I like little kids.
I like playing with them.
I like taking care of them.
I don't like when they don't listen to me.
I don't like when I have to raise my voice 2354435 times to tell them to hush.
I don't like being afraid of losing my voice.
I hope when I become a teacher, my students won't run around the room and interrupt me constantly.
I like you for reading this.
I understand that the first day with a class is always hard.
I like that it will be better tomorrow.

Listening to: Deathly Hallows part 2 soundtrack (Battlefield) (me creys)

1 comment:

  1. The thing I learned the hard way is that you've got to intimidate the kids within the first couple days. If you try to bluff them with "I'm going to sit you out of our next activity for 10 minutes if you don't stop," and then you don't follow up with that... they catch on. Instantly.

    I could probably write a whole blog post about this topic, so I will save you your time and just leave it at this: being a teacher is like being a parent. You aren't there to be their friend, you are there to be their discipline. As long as you are fair, the kids will still adore you, but you will have much more control over your class.

    I wish you the best of luck! <333

    ReplyDelete