Saturday, August 6, 2011

BEDA day 6

I may be an hour late, but I did not forget about you!!

Today my mom and I discovered this show on Lifetime called Dance Moms. It's pretty much Toddlers and Tiaras but for dance class. Now normally I hate reality shows (but I do have a guilty pleasure one that I will not reveal here) but this one really caught my attention because I took dance classes from ages 3 to 17. This show featured 9 year olds in a competition group with this bitch of an instructor who demands super long rehearsals and perfection. I felt so bad for these little girls competing, but I remember what it's like.

I was never in a competition group, too much time and money involved in it but I remember how those girls were drilled and drilled and drilled and competitions all the time with a million routines to remember. Watching this show brought me back to that, because I was a part of that too, even though I didn't compete. Again I feel bad for those girls, but that's part of the reason I wasn't in a competition group. I was plenty good enough (I can still do the splits) but I was in it for fun.

So that was a little insight into Maria's childhood. Hope you enjoyed the ride. :P

Listening to: Greek Music (I don't know the name of the song, and even if I did I couldn't spell it)

Your favorite dancer -Ria

1 comment:

  1. Yessss, I was ALWAYS into my recreational activities for the fun. When it started becoming a chore or too serious, I had to move on. It just stopped being fun after that.

    ReplyDelete